Sneaking vegetables into foodsEdit
- Puree white beans and substitute them for half the butter in your cookie recipes. Voila! Less fat and more fiber.
- The next time you make kid-friendly meatloaf, throw whatever vegetables you have on hand into the food processor and mix them in with the chopped meat. Do the same with hamburgers and spaghetti sauce.
- Add pureed spinach, beets, or prunes to a brownie or chocolate cake mix. For white and yellow cakes, use pureed carrots or apples.
- Bake a whole squash, mash it, and stir it into your favorite mac ‘n’ cheese dish.
- Add crunch to salad favorites like tuna and chicken by mixing in shredded cabbage.
- Mash and whip a ripe avocado until smooth and use it in place of mayonnaise.
- Fortify mashed potatoes by blending in some pureed cauliflower.
- Fold pumpkin into your morning pancakes.
- Sneak pureed carrots into a fruit smoothie.
- Make muffins more nutritious by adding grated zucchini and carrots.
Appears on these pages
This page is on unique recipes that can be made at home. Click here for the hacks. All recipes...